background

Friday, May 4, 2012

{Shrimp Boil}

Recently, we were fortunate enough to get to spend some time with Josh's aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sunday dinner used to a big thing with the Kansas City crew, but over time we've all become very busy with...well...life.  We've had kids, moved to new houses, and adjusted to a plethora of situations life has thrown at us over the past 7 years (Can you believe we have lived here for almost 7 years?!).  So, when the time comes that we can congregate in one place for an evening we are always up for it!
Kurt & Charlotte moved (again) and just finished with the bulk of their renovations on their new home.  They hosted a shrimp boil and we all got to hang out, have a drink, and enjoy some DELICIOUS food!  It was just like you see in the movies.  Mounds of gigantic shrimp, corn on the cob, smoked sausage, andouille, and red potatoes spread across the table.  Shrimp is one of my very favorite things to eat, so I wasted no time chowing down on that delicious fare.  Yummy!
  
Family is a funny thing.  I feel extremely blessed to have Josh's aunts and uncles so close.  They are a tight knit group and that's a wonderful thing to be a part of.  The kids all play so well together!  I love the fact that Olivia has her "cousins" to play with and grow up with.  I love that Kurt & Charlotte's youngest is only a year older than Liv.  I love that Ashley and I had babies around the same time and we can watch our kids be friends.  I love how helpful, careful, and nurturing Sophia is with both Olivia and Brynn.
I am just very grateful for the loving family environment in which my kids get to grow up.
I snapped just a few pictures of the Olivia & Ellie playing and thought I'd share them with you.
How lucky are we?








P.S.  A BIG 'thank you' to Kurt & Charlotte for hosting us!  Can't wait to do it again :)













No comments:

Post a Comment