background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

{He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!}

This Easter was interesting, to say the least!  I spent months combing the Matilda Jane Clothing buy/sell/trade boards on facebook for the perfect, pretty, frocks for both my girls.  I was so pleased with my purchases, I just couldn't wait to get my girlies in their adorable dresses for church on Easter Sunday.  The first few photos below are Brynn in dress #1.  That's right.  I said, dress #1.  It has adorable bunnies and ducks on the green apron and I was in love with it as soon as I saw it.  At least we got a few photos of her in the dress before our afternoon got...umm, yucky!
We all work up feeling pretty blah on Sunday morning.  The girls had been battling head colds and were super congested for a few days prior.  It hit my like a ton of bricks on Easter morning.  But, I put on my happy face and got everyone ready for church :)  You can tell in the pictures, Brynn's nose is a little red, and she was cranky - no happy, smiling baby that day!
In all, Brynn threw up three times over the course of the day.  When I went in to get her from her nap, right before we went outside to hunt eggs, she had a blow-out diaper - I'm talking, the kind where poop is up her back and all over the inside of her dress (hence, more than one pretty dress that day!).
Luckily, the Easter Bunny had enough foresight to bring her a few pretties in her Easter basket, so we just threw one of those on her before we hunted eggs.  
Whew! 

My girls before church.  This is dress #1 for Brynn :)

She look so grown up!

Hunting for Easter eggs!

I may have failed to mention that the Easter Bunny left the eggs out in the sun too long and the chocolate goodness inside them just didn't hold up.  This added to the joy of the day for us.  Retrieving the candy from the eggs was messy work!  What's one more thing that could go wrong?  
At this point, all I could do was laugh.  All the thought, time, money, and preparation in the world can't make a holiday go smoothly when you're dealing with children (and forgetful adults). 

Here is Brynn in dress #2, courtesy of the Easter Bunny :)


She shook every egg to try and figure out what was in it. 


The look so happy, don't they?

                     My girls.

On a day like this, it could have been really easy to lose sight of the important message we were celebrating that day.  Easter is the cornerstone of what we believe, as Christians.  The resurrection of my Savior validates my faith and gives me so much hope for the future.  Sometimes I just cannot wrap my human, finite brain around the fact that I am so loved that Jesus made such an astounding sacrifice for me.  Amazing!  
So, no, the day didn't go as planned.  But, that's okay!  We had so much to be thankful for, and we have so much to look forward to.











No comments:

Post a Comment