background

Friday, November 2, 2012

{Spook-tacular Halloween}

Alright, folks.  I realize it's been since the end of August that I last updated my personal blog.  How disappointing.  I'm apologizing right now and letting you know I plan on being much more consistent with sharing anecdotes and photos of the girls with you all.  The photography thing has kind of taken off for me the past few months and I've been swamped with editing and blogging for The Sweet Life Photography instead of blogging about my own adorable children.  Well, that's all about to change.

Now that I've cleared that up, let's talk about Halloween!  Both Olivia and Brynn were Cinderella this year.  We went to the Disney Store to let Liv pick her costume.  She had been talking about dressing up like Cinderella for Halloween for months and months.  It was a no-brainer.  She went straight for the Cinderella dress and her face lit up when she tried it on!  The choices for Brynn were much more limited.  There was Tinkerbell, Rapunzel, or Cinderella.  Liv chose the Cinderella dress for her little sister.  I guess it's kind of fitting.  They were both Jessie the Cowgirl last year.  They were dressed alike this year, as well.  Maybe next year Brynn will be more aware and want to make her own decision about her costume.  Haha!  I wonder when they're older if they will look back on the photos of them dressed in the same costumes and give me hard time about it?

It must have been a Disney Princess kind of Halloween, because we even carved Princess pumpkins.  When I say "we", I mean Josh and I carved pumpkins while the girls played.  Neither of them wanted anything to do with digging out the insides of the pumpkin and they quickly lost interest in the carving process.  Josh carved a Cinderella pumpkin for Brynn and I carved a Little Mermaid pumpkin for Liv.  I think they turned out pretty awesome!













Trick-or-treating was a bit chillier than last year.  My mom and dad were here again this year to pull the wagon around the neighborhood, and take the girls house to house.  My dad had a ball!  I don't ever remember him going trick-or-treating with us when we were little, but I guess that's what grandkids do to you!  Olivia got cold pretty quickly, and Brynn was getting too heavy to carry.  We got a good haul of candy and headed home to greet the trick-or-treaters that were visiting our house.  

Josh put our chimnea in our driveway and we enjoyed a nice, warm, roaring fire and some hot cocoa with marshmallows while we handed out candy!  Perfect!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment